This morning my world has been shaken a bit. I feel like it is God telling me, "Don't get too comfortable Lindsay." Just when I start to sink into a nice comfortable state of being, God sends a reminder or two or three that He is ultimately in control. That I need not take things He gives for granted or just assume that I will always have the gifts He gives. Sometimes those reminders are subtle little nods. Other times they slam into me so hard it's difficult to breathe. This morning I got slammed. Twice.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Posted by at 8:42 AM
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
I'm on a bit of a crock pot meal craze lately. I realized very quickly after baby #3 arrived that cooking dinner at dinner time was going to be pretty much impossible. Especially now that school has started and I have a 1st grader coming home from school in the afternoon with homework. And let's not forget that adorable, freckle-faced 4 year old who can be quite demanding of my time and attention. So I decided to make a menu of meals for a while all made in the crock pot. I have a cookbook called Fix It & Forget It and it's chock full of easy meals you can put in a crock pot early in the day and let it cook until dinner. I tried out the first one of these meals the other night and I thought it was super easy and delicious. So I thought I'd share. You're welcome. Now, if you're one who cooks only healthy meals, buys strictly organic, & gets your milk straight from the cow, you might want to skip this one. It's good. It's easy. It's not healthy or organic. But what meal that comes out of a crock pot really is? Anyway, back to the recipe. Here it is:
- 28 oz. Jar Spaghetti Sauce (I couldn't find 28 oz., only 26 oz but it still worked ok)
- 12 oz Rigatoni, Cooked
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Browned (I used Lean Ground Beef, since the recipe also calls for pepperoni. You could also use Ground Turkey)
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 lb Pepperoni Slices (I cut these in half, so they wouldn't be so big.)
- sliced mushrooms (optional) (I did not add these...not a mushroom fan)
- sliced onions (optional) (I also did not add these...not a big onion fan either)
- In 4 quart crock pot layer half of each ingredient in order listed. Repeat.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
Posted by at 8:52 PM
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Posted by at 8:04 AM
Sunday, August 23, 2009
- Lots of smiles
- Cooing & "Agoo"ing
- Still quite a bit of nursing
- Not quite as much sleeping during the day
- Great sleeping at night Yep, you read that right! He's sleeping through the night at 8 weeks! Go Ty! I hope I didn't just jinx myself for tonight...
- He loves to stand up in your lap. He has very strong legs.
- He smiles the most when someone is close to his face & talking to him.
Posted by at 10:40 PM