Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Posted by at 9:55 AM
Monday, August 8, 2011
Wow, so this poor blog of mine has gone so neglected the last few weeks. We have had quite a bit going on since I last checked in. Truth be told, the chore of going back to try and update everything that has been happening with cute pictures and all became so daunting as more time went by that I have just avoided it altogether. So, in an effort to break the silence here and maybe salvage what readers I have left, I am going to attempt an update. I will probably forget to include some things and there's no way it will all be in order of occurrence. Also, I'm not going to include pictures. How you like them apples!? Just can't do it. Not now at least. I may come back and show pictures of our different adventures at some point to add some visual interest to this here blog, but for now, if I'm going to update, this is the only way I'm going to be able to do it. Don't stop reading. There are many interesting things I have to tell you. And I promise to start using pictures again if you just stick with me. Since I have no pictures and I don't have a particular order I'm going to follow, let's go with bullet points. Here we go!
- Ty turned 2 on June 23rd. So far 2 has treated us kindly. He has the occasional tantrum and 2-year-old moment, but for the most part he really is such a happy, flexible, funny little boy. We had a very small gathering for him on his birthday that was in the theme of All Things That Go. The boy loves him some cars, trucks, trains, planes, etc. I will definitely have to come back and share some photos from his celebration.
- Reagan turned 6 on July 18th. Instead of a party for her, we went to Florida. We tagged along on a part of my sister's vacation with her family and we had a great time. The beach was gorgeous and the kids loved, loved it. We had a mini party the night of her birthday. We made her favorite food: STEAK. The girl is a straight up carnivore. We had presents & cake and then went to a go-cart track with all kinds of games & rides.
- MacKenzie made the decision to be baptized! She started asking us questions about it a few months ago, so we have been talking about it with her. She said, "I want to do it!" And she was so excited to share it with her friends & family. It was a great morning watching my girl make such an awesome decision and then sharing fun time with family & friends over a delicious brunch at Dosey Doe. Woodlands Peeps, have you been there for breakfast?? If not, I suggest you run. Great atmosphere. Great food.
- I had a birthday and turned 31, but who really cares about that?
- Last but certainly not least on our list of most important occurrences over the past few weeks: We are expecting baby number 4! Yes, we may have certainly lost our minds. No, this was not necessarily a "planned" thing. Yes, we are excited and a little bit freaked about the idea of having 4 children. No, I have not been feeling well AT ALL the past 2 months or so. Yes, I am starting to get SOME relief, so hoping the yuckiness might be coming to an end.
Posted by at 4:51 PM