Monday, February 23, 2009

It only took 3 1/2 years...

...for me to finally give in to the fact that Reagan needed her first haircut. She had these great curls since she was a baby that I wasn't ready to let go of. It got to the point where I couldn't even brush through her hair because it would get so tangled on the ends. I realized it really wasn't worth it to hear her scream at me every time I had to fix her hair, just to hold on to her "baby curls." So today we went for her first ever haircut. She was a little wary of the process, but once she saw Dora was on the TV she got to watch while getting the cut, she was all over it! MacKenzie got hers cut too, so it helped for her to see "Sissy" being fine with it too. 






Can you believe how long that hair was? 










My big girl! I could cry just looking at this picture. She looks too old.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Holy crap! She looks so old now! Did they blow dry it straight or are all of her little curls really gone? Makes me sad... She looks adorable! Love the posing for the camera...looks like you didn't have to threaten her this time. : ) HA!

Tim said...

Those are too cute!

Lindsay said...

I know!! It makes me sad that she looks so old.

They blew it dry with a round brush. I think she will still have some curl to it on the ends, but it just won't be those ringlets she had as a baby. : (

Kelli said...

Such a big girl!

Amanda Burkett said...

Darling!!! She looks darling . . . And they do look grown-up (boo-hoo). I think I may have to borrow you when I cut Cameron's curls off for moral support and great pictures!! First, though, the girl needs to grow some hair!

Ashley McWhorter said...

That's OK. It only took me 4 years to cut Lily's for the FIRST time. :)

Missed you last night! Hope your date was fun! :)

Lacey said...

LOVE IT! I can not get over how LONG her hair was when it is straight. Who would have known?? I love her posing in that last picture. She is so beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

I think she looks more like MacKenzie now. Such beautiful girls.